Vodafone m-pesa a simple and secure mobile payment and money transfer service now extends across West Bengal, Kolkata, Bihar and Jharkhand.
Earlier in November '12, Vodafone India in association with ICICI bank had announced to launch the m-commerce service. In first phase service will be available in eastern part of the country through over 8300 specially trained authorized agents and rest of the country will get the service soon.
Vodafone users will enjoy following benefits using M-pesa service
• Deposit and withdraw cash from designated outlets
• Transfer money to any mobile phone in India
• Remit money to any bank account in India
• Make payments to recharge mobile, clear utility bills and for DTH service subscription
• Shop at select shops
• Participate in e-commerce/m-commerce.
How to register with Vodafone M-pesa service
1. Visit an Vodafone M-pesa agent outlet.
2. Fill up a form, submit identity, address proofs and deposit a minimum amount along with it, to open their m-pesa account.
3. Pay a minimum initial amount of Rs. 200 of which Rs. 100 will be deducted as a one – time account activation fee and remaining would be credited to your account as balance.
4. The MCSL Mobile Wallet get activated immediately and the customer can do a variety of transactions Deposit Cash, transfer money to any bank account or another ‘M-Pesa’ account holder, recharge mobile & DTH and pay mobile or utilities.
5. Your KYC documents will undergo further verification by ICICI Bank.
5. Once the documents are verified and approved by MCSL and ICICI Bank the customer can do other transactions viz. cash withdrawal and sending money to any mobile number.
M-pesa service is very secure and instant so users won't get any kind of problems and The menu for the transactions is only via registered Vodafone mobile number by dialing *400# OR 55400.
To get more details visit ICICI Official page.